Monday, May 16, 2011

5 months

It has been a little over 5 months since I returned home to America from Uganda and time seems to escape me. I feels like it was a year ago that I was off enjoying sunshine and rolexes, but the memories come to me as if it were yesterday. I still struggle with how to integrate my new found faith and wisdom back here in America. I found it was easier than I thought to get caught up in everyday life again. I get so mad at myself sometimes seeing how much I have jumped right back into society and all it has for me. How quickly I grabbed onto consumerism and fashion and let it take me away like a warm breeze. But, alas it is hard to get too caught up in my failures at integration because senior year has taken my thoughts and run off. Graduation has creeped up on me faster than expected. I always thought growing up would be one of the best things about life, but I am not so sure of that now.

Time went way too fast and I'm not sure what I did in the meantime.


I wish I knew what to do with my life or what I should be doing with my life. I need to learn patience and peace, but it's hard when everyone around me is asking, "what are you going to do now?!" I DON'T KNOW!! If I knew, I would probably be telling you. It seems like things fall into place for so many, but then there are those of us who may never know what to do. I am just trying to trust and know that my plan and path are there waiting for me, I just need to find my way to them.


No comments:

Post a Comment