So, today was such a great day for me!! I got the opportunity to lead worship with some of my fellow USP students for our community worship(chapel). I haven't lead worship with singing and playing guitar since I was in high school, so I was a bit nervous.
We were told that USP was given an opportunity every semester to lead worship, so my roommate and I took this task on to organize. We got a band together and had only 2 practices before today. I have to admit, I was a little scared we were gonna suck because practices were a little sketchy, but I trusted that God would move through us. Today rolled around and I was getting extremely nervous, but knew that it would be great no matter what. I was leading on guitar/vocals, my roommate Jen was on piano/vocals, Alli was on piano/vocals, Lindsay was on violin/vocals, Tony on bass, and Loren and Ned on jembe drums. Then, the rest of our students were in the choir. We did about 5 worships songs as a whole group and then just the band did a special song by ourselves. Overall, it went really well and I forgot how amazing it is to see others worship God. I love to see how into worship other people get, because it makes me so on fire! I will admit, I did tear up a little bit, to see thousands of Ugandan students with some random Americans thrown in there worshiping together as one. It is such a beautiful thing to witness. I was highly sweaty from playing and being in African heat, but it was so much fun! :)
To end my perfect moment in life of worship, after we got done I had to leave to go to my last day of my internship. While I was trying to get off stage without making a scene while they prayed, I ran straight into one of the speakers hanging from the ceiling. It was one of the most painful things I've ever done, but I just kept walking because that was embarrassing! haha. Luckily someone was praying so most people didn't see, but I heard a lot of people go "ohhhhh," so I know some saw! Oh my goodness....I walked away real quick and when I was gone, I put my head up and blood was running down my face. It's not a very big cut, but it's pretty deep and took awhile to stop bleeding. I now have a real pretty bump/cut right in the middle of my forehead! You know me, keeping it classy and clumsy even in Africa! All in all, it was an awesome time today and I am so thankful to God for allowing me this opportunity and talents to be able to participate in things like this.
No comments:
Post a Comment